MarineAtlas.be is developed by experts of the Operational Directorate “Natural Environment” of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences:
- The Biodiversity and Ecosystems Data and Information Centre (BEDIC),
- The computer support team,
- The Scientific Web sites and Applications team (SWAP), and
- The Geocell team.
Geocell, a team of geographical experts, acquainted with marine and maritime issues, is devoted to the upwards validation of the data (legal aspects, topological and geographical consistency) and to their full description according to established standards (ISO 19115 metadata profiles). The team also runs a dedicated "help desk": email@example.com.
- Mia Devolder, MSc. in Geographical Sciences, MSc. in Environmental Sciences
- Laurence Vigin, MSc. in Geographical Sciences, MSc. in Environmental Sciences and technology
- Serge Scory, MSc. in Civil Engineering, MSc. in Oceanography
- Nabil Youdjou, MSc. Electrical Engineering, M.A.S. Artificial intelligence
While every effort is made in preparing the data included in the Atlas no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences and the data providers for any errors, omissions or misleading information. The Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences and data providers accept no responsibility for loss or damage occasioned or claimed to have been occasioned, in part or in full, as a consequence of any person acting, or refraining from acting as a result of a matter contained in atlas data or as a consequence of using atlas data for any purpose whatsoever.